Saturday , January 20 2018

PM calls cabinet meeting to discuss Trump’s accusations

Islamabad: The Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has summoned the emergency federal cabinet meeting today (Tuesday) to evolve the the strategy in wake of US president Donald Trump’s latest statement , in which he leveled unfounded allegations on Pakistan. While the National Security Committee (NSC) will meet on Wednesday.

The meeting will discuss the Trumps’ anti-Pakistan statement, formulating the strategy to tackle the challenges can be faced after this new controversy. The issues related to country’s security situation would also be taken into consideration in the meeting.

Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi will chair NSC meeting on Wednesday which would be attended by senior civil and military officials, including the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff committee, services chiefs, ministers of defence, interior, foreign affairs and finance.

Inter-Services Intelligence Director General Lt Gen Naveed Mukhtar and National Security Adviser Lt Gen (retd) Nasser Janjua are also expected to attend that crucial meeting.

The meeting would discuss the trump’s latest tweet in which he accused Islamabad of harboring violent extremists and lying about it. Ongoing military operations on the Pak-Afghan border as well as the internal security situation of the country and the situation along the Line of Control in Kashmir would also be discussed.

According to details, the US President Donald Trump on Monday tweeted that Pakistan has received 33 billion dollars from United States in aid over the last 15 years, and what t gave in return “nothing but lies and deceit”.

He added that Islamabad thinks of US leaders “As Fools”.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The United States has foolishly given Pakistan more than 33 billion dollars in aid over the last 15 years, and they have given us nothing but lies & deceit, thinking of our leaders as fools. They give safe haven to the terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan, with little help. No more!
5:12 PM – Jan 1, 2018
44,273 44,273 Replies 81,639 81,639 Retweets 243,206 243,206 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The US president’s streak of unfounded allegations against Pakistan has been a trend since Trump announced the administration’s latest national security strategy.

Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif, in response to a tweet by US President Donald Trump, said that Pakistan has already refused to ‘do more’ for the United States.

It is learnt that soon after Trump’s tweet came to the fore, Foreign Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif called on Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and briefed him on the situation. The prime minister also contacted Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa over telephone and discussed the situation in detail.

Earlier on Monday, commenting on the United States President Donald Trump’statement , Special Assistant to the prime minister, Dr. Musadik Malik said that being a responsible nation Pakistan would respond to Trump’s latest tweet in line of international diplomatic norms.

 

Check Also

JMC Sketches Roadmap For Pak- Saudi Future Cooperation

Arif Qureshi Islamabad: The Pakistan-Saudi Arabia Joint Ministerial Commission (JMC) has agreed to expedite negotiations …